Easy DIY waterproofing Tips
Any water or foundation related issues you may have with a home are always best if caught early and discussed with a professional. Call Ultra-Dry today to schedule your FREE and IN-HOME consultation.
Some DIY waterproofing tips include:
- Keep your gutters clean
- In the spring, use a hose to clean out your underground downspouts for 20-30 min to wash out any debris
- Check seals on the gutters, inside and outside corners
- Ensure your flower/garden beds flow away from your home
- Note that tree roots grow out as far as their branches reach, be sure to trim your trees close to the house and try not to plant trees too close to your foundation
- Seal any visible cracks/fractures on exterior walls with clear silicone. This way no water can get into the cracks causing more damage. However, this is an issue best to be inspected by an Ultra-Dry professional.